WELCOME to stop ONE on the
A Mother for Leah BLOG TOUR
Will Leah Fisher find love because of a buggy accident? Don’t miss this Sweet Amish Romance about loss, life and new love!
Enter to WIN a Favorite Reads Prize pack!
Giveaway will run August 15th – 30th. One winner will be chosen! Click the image below to enter. The winners will be announced August 31st on the author’s BLOG!
BEHIND THE SCENES:
10 THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT A Mother for Leah
THE INFO BELOW CONTAINS SPOILERS!
1. The prologue for A Mother for Leah did not exist in the rough draft. It was added later—then removed at the request of an interested agent, then added back in at the request of the agent Rachel signed with.
2. Initially, Leah was a very unlikeable character. Fortunately, with edits (and the addition of a secondary romance), Leah became the charming, sweet girl we see in the final story.
3. The name of Leah’s father’s love interest changed four times before the author settled on Naomi.
4. A Mother for Leah is book 1 in a series. At the moment, there are three books proposed and contracted.
5. There is a companion series proposed, though it has not been finalized at this time.
6. A Mother for Leah takes place in upstate New York and, though Windy Gap is a fictional community that the author created, there are “real” Amish settlements in the area that inspired this novel and several others.
8. The shop in Windy Gap named Sew Sweet is not a misspelling. It is an intentional play on words because the neighboring shops “Sew Sweet” and “SewNice” are owned by quirky sisters who thought it was a clever marketing ploy that customers would enjoy.
9. A Mother for Leah was written during Rachel’s very first NaNoWriMo session. (Yes, she won)
10. Rachel was introduced to Amish fiction (as a reader) and to the idea of writing Amish fiction—by her mother
ABOUT THE BOOK:
Will Leah Fisher find love because of a buggy accident?
Could love soften her heart so that she is able to see her answered prayers in Naomi Yoder or will she drive a wedge between her father and the only woman he has shown interest in since Elisabeth Fisher’s death?
Leah Fisher lost her mother ten years ago. She is rapidly approaching womanhood and the lack is becoming more difficult every day.
Will she be able to recognize love when it’s right in front of her?
Could love be the key to Leah opening her heart, making room for the woman her father intends to marry… or will she stubbornly cling to the memory of her own mother?
Will Leah be able to let go of her own ideas and realize that God truly does know best for her or will she allow love to slip through her fingers, destroying Samuel Fisher and Naomi Yoder’s happiness at the same time?
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Rachel L Miller writes sweet Amish romance with a focus on faith, family and friendship.
She feels very strongly that God has led her to live a simpler lifestyle – thus her deep kinship with the plain people. She enjoys spending time with her family and doing fun, simple things like swimming, making sun tea, sitting outside watching the sunrise or listening to rain fall on the tin roof.
Rachel enjoys writing Amish fiction and hopes that the purity of her stories will allow God’s message to shine through more clearly. She also writes Contemporary Inspirational Romance – and with all of her stories she focuses on presenting romance the way God intended it to be.
Naomi Miller mixes up a batch of intrigue, sprinkled with Amish, Mennonite, English & Irish characters (so far), adding a pinch of mystery – and a dash of romance!
Naomi’s time is spent focusing on her writing, editing, and blogging about her experiences. When she’s not working diligently to finish the next book in her Sweet Shop Mystery series, Naomi enjoys traveling with her family.
Naomi also tries to make time for attending writer events, workshops and conferences. One of her favorite joys is meeting her readers. So far, she’s traveled from Tennessee — to South Carolina, across to Alabama, up to St. Louis, and on to Illinois, and over to Ohio — to meet readers and make new friends.
Naomi also enjoys singing inspirational/gospel music, taking daily walks, and witnessing to others of the amazing grace of Jesus Christ.
Author Q & A – Rachel L Miller author
1. The big question that everyone wants to know: is Rachel L Miller your real name or are you just using it as a pen name to sound more Amish?
Yes, Rachel Miller is my real name. Technically speaking, the L makes my name a pen name because I don’t use it in everyday life, but my middle initial does begin with an L. And before you ask… No, I’m not telling what my middle name is.
2. How did you begin writing Amish-themed stories?
My mother challenged me to write Amish fiction.
3. Do you think you could become Amish?
Much of my current lifestyle is nearly as plain as an Amish life. The only real difficulties for me would be giving up my computer since I need it to write. It would also be somewhat difficult to let my readers know about things if I could not use the internet.
4. Have you visited many Amish communities?
I have visited several communities in several states and I look forward to visiting more.
5. What is is you love so much about the plain folks?
There are so many things. I love how moral they are, how kind the people are, how close-knit the communities.
6. Is there another genre you write or have considered writing?
I also write Fantasy under a pen name.
7. When do you typically write?
Typically, I get up hours before everyone else. Since moving, I’ve not been able to get back into that routine, but I am working on it.
8. What is something you must have when writing?
9. What do you think of the current trends in Christian fiction?
I appreciate how broad a range of subjects is becoming accepted into Christian fiction, but I do worry a bit about the more edgy fiction that is making its way into the genre. I worry that some fiction is not clean enough, inspirational enough or uplifting enough to the genre justice. (that’s just my own personal opinion)
10. What can you tell me about your next project?
I am working on the next book in the Windy Gap series and I am very excited about it. I can hardly wait to share more with loyal fans and readers!
THANK YOU for your participation!
©S&G Publishing 2014 – 2017