We take Psalms 1 to heart. It is not just our company motto; it is the verse we try to model our lives after.
- Blessed is the man who walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
Those are more than just pretty words in a book.
Most people think that something un-God-ly is something that is just detestable, the worst of humanity, as far from God as you can get – but one of our favorite preachers pointed out that this is not that word; it is not the true meaning of the word “ungodly”. When the Psalmist says “ungodly” he means anything that is not of GOD. That means anything… ANYTHING that is not God’s way.
We take that to heart. We’re not perfect; we make plenty of mistakes – but we are doing everything we can to do things GOD’s Way!
- But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
- And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither, and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
Our job here on Earth is not just to follow the word of God, but to show others what it looks like to follow that word; to make JESUS look good! Those words are not ours; they were said by David Gibbs Jr. – one of our favorite preachers. It changed our lives and we constantly strive now to “Make Jesus look good” in our everyday lives.
We want what we do to prosper, but not because of our own desires, not for our own profit, and not for our own benefit.
We want what we do to prosper so that God’s word is spread far and wide. What better way to do that than through literature? The books we publish will far outlive us. They will enter homes that we would never be granted access to, touch lives that we would otherwise never be able to, and plant seeds in a way that our own words… said allowed… could never do.
That is our wish for the company.
Our wish also extends to the next three verses in Psalms 1… that we will NEVER fall into the category of the ungodly.
- The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
- Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
- For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.
We do not want to be the chaff! We want to be the vine and the seed and the fruit of the Lord!
We prayerfully consider partnering with authors who we know are doing their best to live out Psalms 1.
©S&G Publishing 2014 – 2017